We are delighted to announce the return of our popular ‘Ask the Farmer’ sessions this winter where a number of our amazing Ambassadors will be on-line to tell us a little more about their farm and farming system and to answer your questions about farming for nature.
These ‘live’ Monday evening sessions will include a short interview with the featured farmer together with some images from the farm, and then an open Q&A session where you can ‘ask the farmer’ about whatever you would like to know, with a focus on practical management advice. It is a great opportunity to learn from our Ambassadors who work with nature every day on their farms, and also to share your own ideas and experience of ‘Farming for Nature’.
This will be all done online through Zoom which you can access on your smart phone or computer. These sessions will take place on weekly on Mondays between November and February (excluding the Christmas period) at 8pm and will last up to one hour. All you have to do is register for free on the relevant link below. So far we have:
- 7th December 2020 Organic dairy farming & community building with Laois farmer John McHugh. Register here: http://bit.ly/AsktheFarmerJMc
More information on John’s Farm here.
- 14th December 2020 Sheep, bees and woodlands with Tipperary farmer Ailbhe Gerrard. Register here: http://bit.ly/AsktheFarmerAG
More information on Ailbhe’s Farm here.
- 11th January 2021 Mixed regenerative farming – horticulture, poultry & grazing with Clare farmer Fergal Smith. Register here: https://bit.ly/AsktheFarmerFS
More information on Fergal’s Farm here.
- 18th January 2021 Beef, sheep & agroforestry with Cavan farmer Jane Shackleton. Register here: https://bit.ly/AsktheFarmerJS
More information on Jane’s Farm here.
- 25h January 2021 TBC
- 1st February 2021 Tillage & soil fertility with Kildare farmer Andrew Bergin. Register here: https://bit.ly/AsktheFarmerAB
More information on Andrew’s Farm here.
- 8th February 2021 Organic & biodynamic beef, lamb & veg with Kildare farmer Trevor Harris. Register here: https://bit.ly/AsktheFarmerTH
More information on Trevor’s Farm here.
- 15th February 2021 Running a suckler herd alongside nature with Kildare farmer Stephen Morrison. Register here: https://bit.ly/AsktheFarmerSMo
More information on Stephen’s Farm here.
- 22nd February 2021 Crop diversity and no till with Cork farmer Thomas Fouhy. Register here: https://bit.ly/AsktheFarmerTF
More information on Thomas’s Farm here.
If you missed out on any of our previous sessions and would like to view them, they are all available by clicking on the selected one below.
30th November 2020 Micro dairying & conservation farming with Mayo farmer Sinead Moran.
More information on Sinead’s Farm here.
23rd November 2020 Market gardening & nature with Clare farmer Jim Cronin.
More information on Jim’s Farm here.
3rd August, 2020 Hillfarming & species richness with Sligo farmer Bridget Murphy.
More information on Bridget’s farm can be found here.
27th July, 2020 Farming for habitats & species with Cork farmer Feargal Ó Cuinneagáin.
More information on Feargal’s farm and a podcast can be found here.
20th July, 2020 Farming with sheep & agritourism with Kilkenny farmer Suzanna Crampton.
More information and a short film on Suzanna’s farm here.
13th July, 2020 Farming tillage, beef & nature with Mervyn Auchmuty.
More information and a short film on Mervyn’s farm here.
6th July 2020 Dairy, Horticulture and Food with Education with Darina Allen.
More information and a short podcast on Darina’s farm here.