Our farms walks are now finished for 2019. However, we are planning more for 2020.
These should be available to book by mid-February.
We will be organising a series of farm walks throughout Spring and Summer 2020. These walks are an opportunity for the Farming For Nature farmers to showcase their contribution to nature and good farming practices on their land. The farmer may be supported by a third-party (eg ecologist) who has either worked on this farmland beforehand or is sourced by Farming For Nature.
- This will be an approximate 3-hour session on the farm includes a walk around with the farmer, looking at some of the habitats and species present, as well as the livestock and/or crops, and discussing with the farmer how he/she/they manage the land in support of nature.
- The farm family will lead the event but may also be supported by a relevant professional – either known to the farmer or organised by FFN.
- These will be a series of walks between April and October.
- As numbers are restricted to 50, you have to book a place beforehand through our booking system then you will receive exact details of where to meet etc.
- These walks are for farmers and people with an interested in farming for nature, they are not applicable for children. If children are attending they must be under the strict supervision of the parent as these are working farms.
- It is free to register. However, you are able to add a donation to the Farming For Nature initiative if you wish but there is no obligation to do so.
- This event has been jointly supported by Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine and the National Parks and Wildlife Service.
Walks are FREE to attend you just have to register as spaces are limited.