These farm walks are an opportunity for the Farming For Nature farmers to showcase their contribution to nature and good farming practices on their land. The walks are €5 to attend and you have to register in advance as spaces are limited. All monies go to a charity selected by the farmer or to our umbrella charity, Burrenbeo Trust.
What are the farm walks:
- This will be an approximate 3-hour session on the farm includes a walk around with the farmer, looking at some of the habitats and species present, as well as the livestock and/or crops, and discussing with the farmer how he/she/they manage the land in support of nature.
- The farmer/farm family will lead the event but may also be supported by a relevant professional if they wish – either known to the farmer or organised by FFN.
- As numbers are restricted to 35, you have to book a place beforehand through our booking system then you will receive exact details of where to meet etc.
- These walks are for farmers and people with an interest in farming for nature, they are not suitable for children.
- These walks are non-profit but a booking fee is necessary to minimise the level of no-shows. It is €5 to register and this donation will either go to a selected charity of the farm or to the Farming For Nature initiative through it’s umbrella charity the Burrenbeo Trust.
- Please wear suitable footwear for uneven and potentially muddy conditions.
- We would ask that you please respect these farmers, their land and livestock when visiting. Dogs are not welcome.
- These events has been jointly supported by Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine and the National Parks and Wildlife Service.
Click on the farmer’s name below to find out a little more about the featured farmer and their farm system. To book either go to the general booking page by clicking the button above or go directly to their event by clicking on the selected button below here.
7th MARCH 2pm Tommy Earley Co.Roscommon CARRIED OUT
28th MARCH 11am Olly Nolan Co.Dublin POSTPONED (12th Sept)
25th APRIL 2pm Ailbhe Gerrard Co.Tipperary CANCELLED
9th MAY 2pm Donna Mullen Co.Meath CANCELLED
16th MAY 2pm Boyd Bryce Co.Donegal CANCELLED
30th MAY 2pm Michael Hickey Co.Tipperary CANCELLED
6th JUNE 2pm Gerard Walshe Co.Galway
20th JUNE 2pm Feargal Ó Cuinneagáin Co.Mayo
27th JUNE 2pm Mervyn Auchmuty Co.Roscommon
18th JULY 2pm Suzanna Crampton Co.Kilkenny
25th JULY 2pm Michael Hickey Co.Tipperary
1st AUGUST 2pm Thomas O’Connor Co.Kerry
8th AUGUST 2pm Mark Hurst Co.Kildare
15th AUGUST 2pm Moyhill Community Farm Co.Clare
22nd AUGUST 2pm Ailbhe Gerrard Co.Tipperary
5th SEPTEMBER 2pm Kate Egan Co.Westmeath
12th SEPTEMBER 11am Olly Nolan Co.Dublin
19th SEPTEMBER 11am Clive Bright Co.Sligo
10th OCTOBER 2pm Edmund Joyce Co.Carlow
Farming For Nature would like to thank the farmers for their generosity in hosting these farm walks.