The Farming For Nature Award 2019 is now open for nominations until 12TH MAY 2019.
This award aims to source and share stories of farmers across Ireland who are judged to be managing their land and livestock in a way that benefits nature. Do you know someone that would fit this.
These awards are for farmers who:
- Have made a significant contribution to the protection or enhancement of nature on their farm and/or in their locality.
- Are farming in a manner that is agriculturally, economically and socially progressive.
- Have shared their passion with others (eg through walks, local media etc).
- Have a record of engagement with other stakeholders.
- Were not shortlisted in previous years. See here.
Nominations can be for individual farmers or, even better, farm families.
This award is supported by Bord Bia’s Origin Green programme.
If you want to know more about the nomination process and who can nominate see our FAQs HERE.